Vimal Sumbly quits Triumph India, headed to Harley-Davidson?
Triumph India MD, Vimal Sumbly has reportedly resigned from his role from the premium British two-wheeler brand, as reported by CarAndBike. His role will be taken over by Shoeb Farooq who was heandling sales and dealer development at Triumph India.
Sumbly joined Triumph India in 2013 after leaving Bajaj Auto where he served as general manager sales and national sales manager. Sumbly played an. Instrumental role in spearheading the growth of Triumph motorcycles in the country. In fact, Triumph presently is the second largest premium motorcycle manufacturer after Harley-Davidson.
Vimal Sumbly, MD, Triumph India on the Tiger 800 XR
In addition to overlooking new launches, Vimal Sumbly's tenure also saw Triumph Motorcycles UK and Bajaj Auto India entering a global partnership. The companies will jointly produce mid-capacity motorcycles for both domestic as well as international markets.
It is being speculated that Vimal Sumbly might be heading to Harley-Davidson. Importantly, HD has announced new motorcycles from a new platform ranging from 500 to 1250cc. Three product previews have been already revealed, the Harley-Davidson Pan America, the 1250 Custom and the 975 Streetfigher, all boasting V-twin engines. Harley-Davidson also announced a new 250-500cc platform that will attack the Indian and Asian markets.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?