Vikram Pawah appointed as president of BMW Group India
BMW Group India has appointed Vikram Pawah as its new president, effective March 01, 2017. He has replaced Frank Schloeder who will assume the position of head of business steering - luxury class at BMW Group, Germany.
Pawah has more than 25 years of experience in the automotive and non-automotive industry. Starting his career at Jay Engineering Works, India, Pawah has held several leadership positions within Honda Cars in India and Australia. Prior to joining BMW, he was the managing director of Harley-Davidson India.
Acting president Schloeder has been with BMW India for over three years. During his tenure, BMW has increased both its sales and market share in the Indian luxury car segment. He also held the position of director marketing at BMW India.
Pawah is a commerce graduate from Delhi University and holds an MBA degree in international and strategic management from Victoria University in Melbourne.
- Spec Comparison: Hyundai Tucson Vs Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan Vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2022 Hyundai Tucson review, first drive - More, for more
- Mahindra debuts two EV sub-brands, five EV concepts, launch from December 2024
- Upcoming Audi Q3 bookings commence from Rs 2 lakh
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works