Video worth watching: Triumph Street Triple R motorcycles drifting
If you've ever wondered what it's like to drift a motorcycle, your wait ends here. Triumph North America has released a video called Slide City, where two turbocharged Triumph Street Triple Rs are doing just that!
Boasting 188PS of power at the wheels, the bikes are so tail happy. They are constantly sliding around the track. Stunt riders Ernie Vigil and Nick Apex Brocha pilot the bikes with such accuracy that there are many instances when they are just millimetres from the wall.
The video starts off with the bikes being fuelled up, then the fun begins! The two riders throttle up, spool the turbos and begin shredding their rear tyres, passing within inches of each other. Ernie Vigil and Nick Apex Brocha tandem drift their Street Triple Rs around the track, while occasionally doing other stunts.
The bikes' turbo set-ups were custom-built by Garage 7 in Las Vegas, Nevada, with GT2502R turbochargers from Garrett.
In India, Triumph sells the standard Street Triple which is priced at Rs 7.91 lakh (ex-Mumbai). The bike's 675cc 3-cylinder engine puts out 79.3PS of power and 57.3Nm of torque and is connected to a 6-speed manual transmission.
Starts Rs 8,84,000
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent
- ReviewComparison: 2020 BMW G 310 GS BSVI vs KTM 390 Adventure BSVI
- NewsRoyal Enfield Classic 350 dual-channel ABS gets two new colour options, Metallo Silver and Orange Ember
- ReviewBMW R 18 First Edition road test review