Video worth watching: Triumph Street Triple R motorcycles drifting
If you've ever wondered what it's like to drift a motorcycle, your wait ends here. Triumph North America has released a video called Slide City, where two turbocharged Triumph Street Triple Rs are doing just that!
Boasting 188PS of power at the wheels, the bikes are so tail happy. They are constantly sliding around the track. Stunt riders Ernie Vigil and Nick Apex Brocha pilot the bikes with such accuracy that there are many instances when they are just millimetres from the wall.
The video starts off with the bikes being fuelled up, then the fun begins! The two riders throttle up, spool the turbos and begin shredding their rear tyres, passing within inches of each other. Ernie Vigil and Nick Apex Brocha tandem drift their Street Triple Rs around the track, while occasionally doing other stunts.
The bikes' turbo set-ups were custom-built by Garage 7 in Las Vegas, Nevada, with GT2502R turbochargers from Garrett.
In India, Triumph sells the standard Street Triple which is priced at Rs 7.91 lakh (ex-Mumbai). The bike's 675cc 3-cylinder engine puts out 79.3PS of power and 57.3Nm of torque and is connected to a 6-speed manual transmission.
Starts Rs 8,84,000
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch Swift Cross to rival Tata Punch, as per reports
- Tata Motors experience a 38 percent rise in sales for the month of November 2021
- Upcoming Kia MPV officially named Carens, unveil on December 16
- Mahindra Bolero Neo: Neo World Order
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old