Video worth watching: Porsche 911 GT2 RS fastest road car around Nurburgring
Get in the cockpit of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS that just smashed the Lamborghini Huracan Performante's fastest street-legal car lap record around the Nurburgring. The Lamborghini Huracan Performante had only recently broken the record previously held by Porsche's 918, so the German carmaker decided to reclaim the title. The video this week is from the GT2 RS driven by Porsche factory test driver Lars Kern, who shaved 5 seconds off the Performante's record, by clocking 6 minutes 47.3 seconds. Well, you have to see the video to believe the average speed for the record lap was 184.1kmph.
The 20.6km track Nurburgring Nordschleife is known for the sheer number of cars that undergo development based on their performance here. And while there may be many other fast GT2 RS drivers, Kern with his record is the fastest man in a road-legal car at this track, for now. Here's a look at what a record-breaking lap around the Nurburgring looks like:
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
Starts Rs 3.22 Crore
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh