Video worth watching: Michael Dunlops record breaking IOMTT lap
With the 2016 IOMTT (Isle of Man Tourist Trophy) just into its opening week, the road course's lap record has already been shattered. Racing for Hawk Racing BMW on an S1000RR, Michael Dunlop blitzed the 60.72km course with a time of 16 minutes 58 seconds, making it not only the fastest lap to date, but also the first lap time to break the sub-17 minute barrier. If those numbers seem a bit obscure, here is a stat that will put everything into perspective an average speed of 214.68kmph. That speed on a motorcycle and a narrow road course is complete lunacy.
In the onboard lap footage you will be able to see Dunlop as he slithers through the Snaefell Mountain Course at a frightening pace, popping the occasional wheelie whilst leaving a corner or a crest. Unsurprisingly, the lap record also gave Dunlop the win in the Superbike class, also shattering the previous race record by 1 minute 15 seconds. Dive headfirst into the record breaking lap below to see what we're on about:
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector