Video worth watching: Masaru Abe holds wheelie for 500km
Popping wheelies that last a couple of metres is hard enough. But not for Masaru Abe. He just broke the world record for the longest held wheelie on a motorcycle. He held a wheelie on a scooter, a Yamaha Jog 125, for a stunning 500.5322km! To put things into perspective, that's the same as going from Mumbai in Maharashtra to Belagavi in Karnataka. And it took him over 13 hours to do it! While the previous record, at 331.0915km, is no joke, Abe's record-breaking attempt takes it to a whole new level. And here's a video of him doing it.
Abe performed the wheelie at the Kawaguchi Auto Race facility in Saitama, Japan. He maintained a speed of around 40kmph throughout the run with constant throttle modulation. Watch the video to see how he managed to hydrate himself and just how challenging the feat was. Abe calls himself Wheelie King and after this stint, he certainly earned the title.
- NewsKia to reinvent and relaunch brand, new logo coming in early 2021
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base