Video worth watching: Ken Block has a new Climbkhana at Pikes Peak
After his series of Gymkhana and a recent Terrakhana, World Rally Cross driver and drifter extraordinaire, Ken Block takes on another new challenge. In Climbkhana, Block slides up the famous Pikes Peak hill climb. The 20-km climb has 156 turns and you know what that means. Yes, Ken Block ensures that he drifts through each one of these corners and then some, as he makes his way up to the summit at 14,000 feet. Accompanying him is the 1965 Ford Mustang that has now become a celebrity of its own. Named the Hoonicorn RTR V2, the muscle car has been specially-built to Block's requirement.
When a car is purpose-built with a all-wheel drive and houses a twin-turbocharged methanol-fuelled 6.7-litre Roush Yates V8 to produce a whopping 1,420PS, you begin to wonder what the purpose might be. In Block's case, it is to vapourise the Toyo Tyres it comes shod with. Here is some solid tyre screeching, smoking action, as the Hoonicorn V2 literally slides along the edge of the peak, all the way to the top:
Starts Rs 74.62 Lakhs
- Great Wall Motor quits India after 2 years of operation
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder officially unveiled