Video Worth Watching: Honda Civic Type-R Limited Edition sets Suzuka FWD lap record
Honda has debuted a new limited edition of the Honda Civic Type-R hot hatch. Showcasing the new, limited to 1,000 units, car's potential, Honda brought in Super GT Series driver Takuya Izawa during the final stint of the limited editon's testing schedule.
All the limited edition Type-Rs will come in this Phoenix Yellow shade with gloss black highlights. The 310PS and 400 Nm, four-cylinder, 2.0-litre turbo petrol remains unchanged and pairs with a six-speed manual like before. But the hatch has now gone through a heavy weight-saving exercise. Up to 47 kgs have been saved by the new lightweight 20-inch BBS wheels, lesser sound-deading material and the removal of the hatch wiper, rear air ducts and parcel tray. Additionally, the infotainment and HVAC systems can be deleted, although the rear seats have been left in place. Other enhancements are reworked suspension and steering setups for better control.
Starts Rs 17.94 Lakhs
- 2021 Force Gurkha deliveries begin across India
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate