Video worth watching: Drag racing crash leaves an unrecognizable car
Drag racing is an American pastime which uses one of the simplest formulas to get maximum kicks. Drag racing is seen at almost every level, starting from illegal street racing and going all the way up to professional track-based competitions. One of these drag racing leagues is the NHRA Pro Mod Drag Racing Series, which has modified cars hurtling down the straight at over 400kmph. There are three types of engine combinations that can be used a supercharged engine, a turbocharged engine, or a nitrous oxide boosted engine. The power developed by these engines is around 2,500PS with certain examples hovering in the 4,000PS region.
During the qualifying session of the 2016 NHRA Pro Mod in Houston, racer Sidnei Frigo lost control of his turbocharged Corvette dragster during his run. For a second, it seemed like he had things under control, with the car veering from left to right steadily. In a sudden turn of events, the Corvette darted into the side wall and began an achingly long set of barrel rolls which rendered the Corvette utterly mangled. Surprisingly enough, Frigo only suffered from a broken hand from this incident. However, we can't say the same for his car though. Here is the footage of the crash:
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Why are manufacturers like Ford shutting their plants in India?
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- Mahindra XUV700 variants revealed ahead of launch