Video: Jury rounds for the 2016 CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Motorcycle and Scooter of the Year
Over the past few years, we have seen that the trend in our Motorcycle of the Year category being dominated by small capacity motorcycles has been changing. This year out of the 15 motorcycles that have been nominated for the Motorcycle of the Year award, only seven were under 200cc. That means over half of the launches this year has been motorcycles that aren't out to win the fuel efficiency crown.
Meanwhile, the Scooter of the Year category had only two contenders this year.
Our jury for the tw0-wheeler category comprises of Anand Dharmaraj who heads IndiMotard, Bharath Reddy of British Nutritions, Siddharth Vardharajan who's responsible for the California Superbike School in India, ex-Moto3 racer Sarath Kumar,Vivek Jaisingh, owner of the Performance Racing Store and our very own Shubhabrata Marmar.
See the video below to know what goes into sizing up and testing every machine that makes it to the nominees in this category.
To read more about the judging methodology for our awards, click here. The CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016 ceremony will be held shortly today. Stay tuned to know what we think are the best cars and bikes of the year.
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio leaked ahead of debut, exteriors revealed
- Tata Nexon EV Max Vs Tata Nexon EV: What's different?
- 2022 Tata Nexon EV Max review, road test - real-world range tested!
- Spec Comparo: Mercedes Benz C-Class Vs Audi A4 Vs BMW 3-series
- Tata Nexon EV Max launched with 437 km range, prices start from Rs 17.74 lakh