Video: Jury rounds for the 2016 CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Motorcycle and Scooter of the Year
Over the past few years, we have seen that the trend in our Motorcycle of the Year category being dominated by small capacity motorcycles has been changing. This year out of the 15 motorcycles that have been nominated for the Motorcycle of the Year award, only seven were under 200cc. That means over half of the launches this year has been motorcycles that aren't out to win the fuel efficiency crown.
Meanwhile, the Scooter of the Year category had only two contenders this year.
Our jury for the tw0-wheeler category comprises of Anand Dharmaraj who heads IndiMotard, Bharath Reddy of British Nutritions, Siddharth Vardharajan who's responsible for the California Superbike School in India, ex-Moto3 racer Sarath Kumar,Vivek Jaisingh, owner of the Performance Racing Store and our very own Shubhabrata Marmar.
See the video below to know what goes into sizing up and testing every machine that makes it to the nominees in this category.
To read more about the judging methodology for our awards, click here. The CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016 ceremony will be held shortly today. Stay tuned to know what we think are the best cars and bikes of the year.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?