Video: 2016 Toyota Innova spied testing in India
While there have been many hazy images of the all-new Toyota Innova testing on the Interweb, we have here the first clear images that give away a little of the vehicle's design language. The new Innova was filmed on the road and the video was uploaded to Youtube by motor enthusiast Sanjay Rao.
The 2016 Toyota Innova comes with an aggressive front with headlamps that look large but are well sculpted. There are LED daytime running lamps similar to the ones in the Indian Corolla. The grille too is a large unit and now the new Innova looks more of an SUV than an MPV. As for the size - while the silhouette remains the same as the current MPV, the rear seems to have been elongated. Moving on to the back of the car and the same boxy panels can be seen.
The interiors too are expected to be spruced up. It is likely that Toyota will bring in a more powerful yet less polluting and efficient diesel engine in the new Innova. An automatic transmission may also be offered. Prices are expected to go up significantly. Toyota may launch the new Innova in India next year, following the 2016 Auto Expo.
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Hyundai reveals new i20-based Bayon crossover SUV
- Honda Transalp could be a mid-sized Honda Africa Twin
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG A 35 4Matic sedan road test review - compact, fun and accessible AMG!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know