Vespa VX announced, priced at Rs 65,596 ex-Mumbai
2013 Vespa VX with disc brake
Vespa has announced a new 'VX' variant of its iconic scooter model in India. The Vespa VX gets a new speedometer, two new colour options pink and blue, a longer pillion grab rail, MRF Zapper tyres and a much needed addition: a 200mm front disc brake, hopefully addressing a common complaint about the lack of adequate braking in the standard model. Customers will also have the option of choosing a beige-coloured seat. The company has withdrawn the black and maroon colour options for the Vespa, having not found much favour with customers.
As of now, the regular Vespa remains unchanged and the company says that they are happy to let the VX take over entirely, if sales justify this. The powertrain of the Vespa VX is carried over from the regular variant a 10PS 3-valve 125cc, peppy engine and variomatic transmission. A monocoque chassis and single-sided suspension are the other bits carried over.
We spoke to a North Mumbai dealer and he mentioned that bookings have started for the VX and it is priced at Rs 65,596, ex-showroom. While this may seem a steal considering that the regular Vespa retails at Rs 62,315, the on-road price of the VX comes to Rs 78200.
Check our first ride story here
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent