Vento-based sub-four metre sedan to benefit from locally assembled 1.5 TDI
Volkswagen might be late in joining the compact sedan bandwagon, but it'll make sure that it does everything right when it's ready with its own take on the segment currently ruled by the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire. Based on the new Polo and Vento, the upcoming compact sedan will be a sub-four metre offering, which makes it eligible for the consequent tax benefits.
Volkswagen shown for representation purpose only
It will also use engine options like the 1.2-litre petrol and the new 1.5-litre diesel from the current Polo and Vento range which again bring in savings on taxes. The 1.5 TDI is now being assembled locally at the new VW engine plant in Chakan, near Pune. The local assembly will allow VW to further reduce production costs for its upcoming sedan and push it closer to achieving a competitive price tag. Expect the price range to lie in the Rs 5.5 to 10 lakh bracket, where it will take on the Dzire and the upcoming Figo sedan.
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: MG Motor India record highest ever monthly sales
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained