UPES student, Shivam Anand bags the CII Young Designers Award
Shivam Anand, a student of UPES studying B.Des. in Transportation and Mobility Design has recently won the CII Young Designers Awards for his project consisting of a futuristic shared mobility transport system.
Specifically, as a response to the pandemic, the project was focused on building a shared mobility transportation system for the future. The dramatic shift in the usage of personal automobiles during the epidemic added to the environmental imbalance. Therefore, he wanted to utilize his idea to motivate others to use shared transportation.
His project "Motion" for the semester's subject, "Earth To Earth," was inspired by the notion of designing and developing a transportation system for the year 2050 that would also have a good influence on society and the environment. He looked into numerous technologies and came up with the concept of an orbital travel method that would connect two points on Earth.
Shivam developed Rapid Transit Mobility Pods, or 'Ra-Pods', based on his study. These would transport passengers to the launch station, which would be outfitted with all the required administration and observation equipment for the flight.
For the young professionals who will be the future winners, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the World Design Organization (WDO) introduced the "Young Designers Awards" (YDA) in 2021. Through cross-learning opportunities and networking with important industry leaders in the field, the award will assist design professionals in honing their talents while also identifying and developing the next generation of design talent.
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.45 lakh
- Tata Tiago EV launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.49 lakh
- Facelifted Tata Harrier spotted testing, expected to debut in early 2023
- Are Hybrids the Answer? And Should The Path To Electric Mobility Be Via Strong Hybrids?
- Price Comparison: Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Vs Hyundai Creta Vs Skoda Kushaq Vs Kia Seltos Vs Volkswagen Taigun Vs MG Astor