Updated Volkswagen Vento to be launched in India on June 23, 2015
Volkswagen will be launching the 2015 Vento in India on June 23, 2015. The new Vento gets minor cosmetic changes inside as well as outside.
There are new front and rear bumpers. The grille is new too but looks similar to the previous-gen Passat. Volkswagen hasn't added projectors to the headlamp assembly though. There is a lot of chrome detailing in the car, the ORVMs now have turn indicators and the alloy wheels get a fresher design. Inside, the upholstery has been tweaked a little and a cooled glovebox has been added.
Volkswagen has retained the lovely new 1.5-litre TDi motor that makes 105PS and 250Nm. It comes mated to a 7-speed DSG as well as a 5-speed manual. The 1.6-litre petrol as well as 1.2-litre TSI motors will continue to be available with the car. Expect a marginal increase in price.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Volkswagen Vento:
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsProduction-spec Tata HBX crossover spotted testing ahead of launch
- NewsKia to reinvent and relaunch brand, new logo coming in early 2021
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh