Updated Volkswagen Vento to be launched in India on June 23, 2015
Volkswagen will be launching the 2015 Vento in India on June 23, 2015. The new Vento gets minor cosmetic changes inside as well as outside.
There are new front and rear bumpers. The grille is new too but looks similar to the previous-gen Passat. Volkswagen hasn't added projectors to the headlamp assembly though. There is a lot of chrome detailing in the car, the ORVMs now have turn indicators and the alloy wheels get a fresher design. Inside, the upholstery has been tweaked a little and a cooled glovebox has been added.
Volkswagen has retained the lovely new 1.5-litre TDi motor that makes 105PS and 250Nm. It comes mated to a 7-speed DSG as well as a 5-speed manual. The 1.6-litre petrol as well as 1.2-litre TSI motors will continue to be available with the car. Expect a marginal increase in price.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Volkswagen Vento:
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones