Updated 2019 Maruti Suzuki Ignis launched in India at Rs 4.79 lakh
As we reported earlier, Maruti Suzuki was bringing some updates to the 2019 Maruti Suzuki Ignis. The updated hatchback has now been launched in India. Prices now start at Rs 4.79 lakh for the base Ignis sigma and goes up to Rs 7.14 lakh for the Ignis Alpha AT. All prices ex-showroom Delhi.
The changes are minor and comes soon after the Baleno hatchback also received a light facelift. The only noticeable change to the exterior are the addition of silver roof rails. on the top-spec Alpha and Zeta trim.
The big changes come through the addition of new safety features, in keep with the latest regulations. So there's a passenger-side seatbelt reminder, rear parking sensors, a speed alert system, as standard. The Ignis continues with the older Smartplay infotainment and not the Smartplay Studio setup seen on the WagonR.
The 2019 Ignis remains unchanged mechanically. The 1.2 litre K-series petrol motor continues with its 83PS and 113Nm. This is paired with a five-speed manual or AMT.
The Ignis has always remain in the shadow of its more conventional cousins like the Swift and Baleno. We're hoping this update helps boost the popularity of this quirky but fun car. Expect a roughly Rs 20,000 bump in prices to account for the new tech.
Starts Rs 4.89 Lakhs
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Government confident of local manufacturing of lithium-ion EV batteries by 2022
- 2021 Triumph Trident 660 first ride review
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home