Upcoming Tata Nexon EV SUV instrument cluster seen ahead of launch
The Tata Nexon electric SUV will be launched early 2020 and is set to be the first EV from the carmaker to come with its new Ziptron electric powertrain. Ahead of this, a new TVC has revealed that the Nexon EV will get a redesigned semi-digital instrument cluster. The video makes us think this might have the same basic layout as that of the Harrier's set up but come with unique dials to suit its powertrain. So expect a different colour theme, a Charge/Power dial and a battery status bar. The speedometer is an analogue dial.
The car in this TVC is heavily camouflaged but still seems to be carrying the look of the current Nexon. But we expect the EV to get the mid-life facelift that the conventionally-powered Nexon has in the works by the time it comes to market.
Tata Motors has stated that the Nexon EV will be priced around the Rs 15 to 17 lakh mark. This is a significant premium over the standard car but still undercuts the more upmarket Hyundai Kona Electric. The SUV will have close to 300 km range and come with an eight-year battery and motor warranty. Further, it will feature a high-voltage drivetrain, fast charging capability, and meet IP67 dust and waterproof standards.
Starts Rs 13.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review