Upcoming Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV design revealed in spy shots
We now have quite a clear idea of how Maruti Suzuki's upcoming premium MPV, the Maruti Suzuki XL6 will look like. Earlier spy pictures showed how the rear of this MPV would look like.
Unlike the rear, which borrows heavily from the look of the Ertiga, the XL6's face is unique. The grille is now a widening hexagonal design, with twin chrome strips running through it. The headlamps are quite sharply cut and sit flush with the grille. There's heavier body cladding on the lower part of the car and a more sculpted bumper as well. The faux skid plates and dark alloys add more aggression.
It seems like the new MPV could be based on the Ertiga's version of the Heartect platform, given how this is the only available and suitable base for Maruti Suzuki to build a car such as this. We think it'll probably be a 6-seater, the second-row having captain chairs. The interiors are expected to be quite upmarket, with a premium dash layout and a long features list. Safety features should take a step forward too. As these pictures have made clear, the XL6 will be sold via the Nexa chain of sales/service outlets.
We expect the engine options to include the K15B 1.5-litre petrol which first debuted in the Ciaz, this motor puts out 104PS and 138Nm. This engine's mild-hybrid capabilities should be made available here. The XL6 is expected to debut in India on August 21
Image source: Gaadiwaadi
Starts Rs 9.8 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Government confident of local manufacturing of lithium-ion EV batteries by 2022
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Triumph Trident 660 first ride review