Upcoming Mahindra eKUV100 EV SUV spotted testing
New spy photos have emerged of what looks like the upcoming Mahindra eKUV100 electric SUV. This EV was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and is expected to debut soon, possibly the the 2020 edition of the Expo.
Despite the camouflage, it's quite clear that this version doesn't venture too far from the looks of the standard KUV100. We expect some minor exterior highlights, more efficient LED lighting and badging to be differentiators. The eKUV is also expected to get some connected car tech.
The eKUV will replace the Mahindra e20 which is not going to be reworked for the new crash-test norms. We expect it to get the electric drivetrain form the eVerito but with improvements made to aid efficiency and outputs. The eVerito is powered by a 21.2 kWh battery pack which feeds a 42PS and 91 Nm electric motor. Range is 181 km but this number could improve as well. We can expect DC fast charging capabilities as well.
We expect prices to range around the Rs 9 to 10 lakh mark and most of the features from the standard ICE-powered version can also be expected.
Image source: TeamBHP
- 2021 Kia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.79 lakh
- Intercity road travel time of "Oxygen Tankers" can be shortened, with help from the Indian motorsport fraternity
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Hyundai Alcazar vs Tata Safari vs MG Hector Plus: Engine specifications compared
- Skoda Kushaq India launch pushed to July 2021