Upcoming Kawasaki Ninja R2 rendered
After having launched the Kawasaki Ninja H2, the Japanese superbike maker is now working on smaller derivatives that will use the forced induction technology. A new rendering of what is believed to be the 800cc lightweight superbike Kawasaki R2 has appeared online. Adding proof to this claim is the fact that Kawasaki has already registered the brand names R2 and R2R in Japan.
As seen from the rendering, the Ninja R2 borrows the same design cues as seen on the bigger Kawasaki Ninja H2. According to MCN, the Kawasaki Ninja R2 will be a more practical version of the performance centric H2 and will employ a supercharged 800cc motor derived from the 998cc engine that powers the Ninja H2. Last year, Kawasaki unveiled the 800cc Balanced Supercharged engine at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show. The R2 is expected to use the same motor.
Kawasaki is bringing the supercharging technology to mass market superbikes is obvious considering the fact that it unveiled the Spirit Charger SC-01 and SC-02 concepts last year. If the R2 makes it to production, it will be the second superchaged motorcycle from the brand. Also, there might be a smaller 600cc motor with forced induction in the pipeline that will make its way in to the Kawasaki Ninja S2.
Starts Rs 34,50,000
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - A Stylish and Luxurious Expandable Motorhome
- NewsEuro V compliant 2021 Ducati Streetfighter V4 and V4 S: Everything to know
- NewsDelhi government accelerates EV charging infrastructure plans
- NewsTwo-Wheeler Festive Offers: Gift vouchers worth Rs 6,000 on Okinawa electric scooters
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2