Upcoming Hyundai i20 N hot hatchback teased
Hyundai recently showcased the new-generation i20 hatchback globally, before it comes to India later this year. The Korean carmaker has now teased a more performance-oriented version of the premium hatchback that will possibly go on sale after the standard car comes to market. We expect this to be the Hyundai i20 N, in line with the N performance variants already available with the larger i30.
The teaser shows that this N version gets some significant changes over the standard car. There is a sharper front bumper, a pronounced power bulge on the bonnet, larger wheels, a more pronounced side-skirt with red highlighting, new rear bumpers and a big spoiler. There is no word yet on what will power the i20 N, but we think it'll carry a 2.0-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder with over 200PS. This should pair with both manual and DCT gearboxes. The interiors haven't been shown yet but expect a sportier theme inside with different seats, a dark colour scheme with red accents, and Alcantra trim. There should also be N specific dials in the infotainment and a rev-matching function for the manual gearbox.
The i20 N will compete with the likes of the Ford Fiesta ST, Volkswagen Polo GTI, and the Toyota GR Yaris.
Starts Rs 6.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.17 Lakhs
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?