Upcoming 2022 Volvo XC100 flagship SUV may be fully electric
Volvo is working on a new flagship for its line-up. This will be another SUV but will sit above the Volvo XC90. Unlike the practically oriented XC90, this will be even more focused towards luxury and performance. It is also expected to sport more expressive exterior styling.
But the big news is that the XC100 will be fully electric. It will be based on the new SPA-II architecture which now supports fully electric powertrains as well. This is a development of the SPA underpinnings sen on Volvo's current line-up. The first car to be based on this will be the next-gen XC90 SUV, set to debut in 2021. This will be followed by the XC100.
We expect the XC100 to sport a skateboard style EV architecture, with single and dual motor AWD options.
The new XC90 will continue to be offered with hybrid powertrains alongside an EV version. In developing markets such as ours, we can also expect the current diesel powerplants to be carried over. The SPA-II cars will also feature a new suite of tech features like a more advanced Android-based Sensus infotainment system and the LiDAR-based driving assistants being co-developed with Luminar.
We think both the XC100 and the next-gen XC90 will go on sale in India sometime after their global launch.
Starts Rs 80.9 Lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch Swift Cross to rival Tata Punch, as per reports
- Tata Motors experience a 38 percent rise in sales for the month of November 2021
- Upcoming Kia MPV officially named Carens, unveil on December 16
- Mahindra Bolero Neo: Neo World Order
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old