Unveiled Volkswagen Taigun Concept crossover
Volkswagen has unveiled its sub-Tiguan crossover, the Taigun at the Sao Paulo show in Brazil. While the name may not be to everyone's liking, the crossover's spec sheet definitely will appeal to all. Sporting a wheelbase smaller than the Golf, the Taigun boasts of more space than the hatch plus a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder direct injected turbocharged petrol motor which makes 108PS of power. Volkswagen claims that the Taigun returns more than 20kmpl fuel efficiency in the European cycle.
The Taigun has an overall boxy styling which has short overhangs, reminiscent of the current design theme adopted by Volkswagen. However, whether it will be put into production or not will be decided only after seeing the Brazilian public's interest in this vehicle.
Starts Rs 10.5 Lakhs
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Audi India start local production of Q5 SUV
- Lifetime replacement spares and labour covered under Volvo Cars' new lifetime parts warranty scheme