Unveiled BMW Concept Active Tourer
BMW has unveiled the Concept Active Tourer (CAT), a plug-in hybrid concept car based on the 1 Series. Though its a plug-in hybrid, it doesn't follow the design ethos of the i3 and i8 concepts and instead focuses on a 3 Series like silhouette. The Concept Active Tourer has a long hood akin to the 3 Series while the rear looks more like the one from BMW's crossover range.
A new eDrive plug-in hybrid system resides at the heart of the CAT which pairs a lithium ion electric system with an inline-three 1.5L turbocharged engine. The company claims that the total power output is 190PS with an all-electric driving range of 32km. 0-100kmph is dispatched in under eight seconds while the top speed claimed is 198kmph. The CAT also delivers a fuel efficiency of almost 40kmpl.
Inside the cabin, there are numerous display screens as also technology similar to Mercedes-Benz Magic Sky Control, a Cool Shade roof. It changes the opacity of the panoramic roof at the push of a button. An eight-inch gauge cluster display provides the driver with all the necessary driving information. BMW's signature head-up display is an optional piece of equipment.
The BMW Concept Active Tourer will be on display at the Paris Motor Show starting September 27.
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be available in 4 variants and 9 colour options
- First Ola electric car to be a large sedan