Unveiled 2013 Audi A3 Sportback
Audi has unveiled the 5-door version of the A3, the Sportback. A tad larger but weighing approximately 70kg lower than the outgoing model, the A3 Sportback adds value to the entire A3 portfolio with the sedan version to follow soon. The weight-loss was achieved due to the use of aluminium fenders, hood and high-tensile steel. An increased wheelbase of 58mm than its predecessor and 35mm longer than the 3-door A3 will translate to better space for the passengers. Boot space is pegged at 380 litres and this expands to 1220 litres once the rear seats are folded down.
Audi will be initially offering the A3 with a choice of three engines â" two petrol and one diesel. The 150PS 2.0-litre TDi is the same one seen in the A3 3-door. It has a claimed fuel efficiency of 23.82kmpl with a 0-100kmph acceleration numbers of 8.4 seconds. The 122PS 1.4 TFSI is the same engine which powers the Indian Jetta and claims to accelerate from 0-100kmph in 9.3 seconds. All the engines are mated to a 6-speed manual transmission with a choice of an S-tronic box.
The 2013 Audi A3 Sportback range starts from Rs 17.25 lakh on-road in UK.
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
- First Ola electric car to be a large sedan
- 2022 Hyundai Venue facelift: Prices and variants explained
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be available in 4 variants and 9 colour options
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works