Uber orders 1 lakh Mercedes-Benz S-Class cars
According to a German publication, taxi service provider Uber has placed an order of 1 lakh Mercedes-Benz S-Class limousines. These cars will feature autonomous driving technology aimed at cutting down the rising cost of drivers.
Presently, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class doesn't feature complete autonomous technology which is expected to arrive by 2020. Back in 2013, Mercedes-Benz had showcased a S-Class with self-drive that covered a distance of 103km between German towns of Mannheim and Pforzheim. Other than Benz, carmakers like Nissan, BMW, Ford, GM, Tesla etc are planning to launch self-driven models by 2020. These cars, however, will be subjected to a host of tests and validations thereby making them road legal only by 2025 or later.
The German publication further reports that the details of the Uber Mercedes-Benz deal are still not clear however is believed to help the loss making taxi service provider by reducing the cost of drivers.
Starts Rs 1.36 Crore
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Hyundai reveals new i20-based Bayon crossover SUV
- Honda Transalp could be a mid-sized Honda Africa Twin
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG A 35 4Matic sedan road test review - compact, fun and accessible AMG!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know