Uber orders 1 lakh Mercedes-Benz S-Class cars
According to a German publication, taxi service provider Uber has placed an order of 1 lakh Mercedes-Benz S-Class limousines. These cars will feature autonomous driving technology aimed at cutting down the rising cost of drivers.
Presently, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class doesn't feature complete autonomous technology which is expected to arrive by 2020. Back in 2013, Mercedes-Benz had showcased a S-Class with self-drive that covered a distance of 103km between German towns of Mannheim and Pforzheim. Other than Benz, carmakers like Nissan, BMW, Ford, GM, Tesla etc are planning to launch self-driven models by 2020. These cars, however, will be subjected to a host of tests and validations thereby making them road legal only by 2025 or later.
The German publication further reports that the details of the Uber Mercedes-Benz deal are still not clear however is believed to help the loss making taxi service provider by reducing the cost of drivers.
Starts Rs 1.36 Crore
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - A Stylish and Luxurious Expandable Motorhome
- NewsEuro V compliant 2021 Ducati Streetfighter V4 and V4 S: Everything to know
- NewsDelhi government accelerates EV charging infrastructure plans
- NewsTwo-Wheeler Festive Offers: Gift vouchers worth Rs 6,000 on Okinawa electric scooters
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2