TVS Racing opens its doors to aspiring women and rookie racers
TVS Racing, the factory racing team of TVS Motor Company, has opened its doors to aspiring racers who wish to participate in the 2022 edition of the TVS One-Make Championship - in the Women's and Rookie categories. The selection rounds will be held in Bengaluru on March 20, 2022. The session will include a full-day training school conducted by national champions of TVS Racing to ensure riders familiarise themselves with the race motorcycles.
Riders aspiring to participate in the Women's category will test their ability on a race-spec TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, while those in the Rookie category will do so astride the 'track-only' TVS Apache RR 200. The Rookie category can be seen as a perfect platform to nurture young motorsport talent in India, which is open to young riders between 11 and 18 years.
The top 20 riders from each category will be selected from each city based on their best lap timings, physical fitness, and racing abilities. The final round of selection will take place in Chennai at Madras Motor Race Track (MMRT) in the month of May, 2022. The Bengaluru selection round will be held at Aruani Grid in Vemana Road. Interested candidates can register by contacting +919632253833.
The selected racers will compete in five rounds for the championship astride the race-tuned TVS Apache RTR 200 4V and TVS Apache RR 200. Post the final selection round in Chennai, the racers will undergo specific training under the aegis of the national champion riders from TVS Racing to improve physical fitness and hone their racing skills before the 2022 Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship (INMRC) begins.
The TVS One-Make Championship Selection Criteria is as follows:
- Participants should have a valid two-wheeler driving licence
- Participants below the age of 18 years should have Level-1 FMSCI certified training received from any racing training school and should be accompanied by their guardian at the selection venue
- Participants should be under 18 years (born on or after January 2005). Level-1 FMSCI certified training received from any racing training school is mandatory
Starts Rs 1,10,388
Starts Rs 1,27,500
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N launched in India, prices start from Rs 11.99 lakh
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be available in 4 variants and 9 colour options