Triumph Tiger 850 Sport launched at Rs. 11.95 lakh
Triumph Motorcycles has launched their entry-level adventure motorcycle, the Tiger 850 Sport in India at Rs. 11.95 lakh. This tentatively makes it Rs. 15.3 lakh on road, which is Rs. 1.35 lakh lower (on-road) compared to the Tiger 900 GT. Triumph dealerships across the country have already started accepting bookings. Deliveries should commence shortly.
Triumph has retained the dimensions and design on the Tiger 850 Sport but to differentiate between the two, the Tiger 850 Sport gets dual-tone colours - graphite and diablo red, graphite and Caspian blue. Also, the Tiger 850 Sport gets a smaller 5-inch TFT instrumentation with lesser layout options and two ride modes.
The highlight of the Triumph Tiger 850 Sport is its engine as it continues to use the 888cc triple that also powers the Tiger 900 but makes a lower power output of 85PS at 8,500rpm and generates 82Nm at 6,500rpm. In comparison, that on the Tiger 900 GT makes 95.2PS at 8,750rpm and 87Nm at 7,250rpm.
The company mentions that this has made the motorcycle more accessible for younger riders, also it helps with the A2 licensing that is applicable in Europe. The six-speed gearbox features slip and assists clutch whereas the two riding modes, Road and Rain, adjust the ride-by-wire throttle response and traction control settings. The traction control is switchable.
Starts Rs 11,95,000
Starts Rs 13,70,000
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July