Triumph acquires OSET Bikes
Triumph Motorcycles has announced the acquisition of electric motorcycle manufacturer OSET Bikes a big player in the world of children's electric, off-road motorcycles. This looks like another piece of the puzzle has fallen in place for the company's plan to offer a full range of off-road motorcycles and nurturing a new-generation of motorcycle riders.
OSET (Oliver Smith Electric Trial) was started back in 2004 by Ian Smith, who wanted to build an electric off-road bike for his son Oliver. Since that time OSET has been setting benchmarks in its segment and has sold more than 40,000 bikes globally that feature their in-house developed electric powertrains. OSET Bikes offers products that are suitable for any rider, starting from 3 years old and upwards.
The acquisition of OSET sits within Triumph's strategy of entering the off-road segment, announced in 2020, and provides both companies with the opportunity to share and benefit from each other's knowledge and experience in their respective segments, enabling both brands to grow internationally in parallel.
- Great Wall Motor quits India after 2 years of operation
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder officially unveiled
- Mahindra Scorpio N review - big daddy or a dad joke?