Toyota Yaris Black limited edition revealed in India
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has listed a new limited edition version of the Toyota Yaris on its website called the Toyota Yaris Black. As the name suggests, this comes with a dark-themed styling package.
Differentiating the Yaris Black from a standard Yaris is the black paint job, the chrome highlights around the headlamps and taillamps, and the dual-tone alloy wheels. On the inside, new additions are the ambient lighting on the doors, and black highlighting on the seats.
There have been no mechanical changes with this update. The Yaris is powered by a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol with 107PS and 140Nm of torque. This is paired with a six-speed manual or a CVT gearbox option. The Yaris is not available with a diesel option. However, in the Philipines, the Yaris is also available with a 1.3-litre motor that makes 99PS and 123 Nm. This is also paired with a manual or CVT.
The Toyota Yaris launched in India in April 2018, but hasn't been a sales success. This was mainly due to its high price point. There is no word yet on whether Toyota will bring the new Yaris to India, but given the resurgence seen by this segment lately, this facelift could be a good opportunity to repackage the Yaris into a more attractive package for our market. The Yaris competes with the likes of the Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Hyundai Verna.
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030