Toyota to showcase new Auris at Paris Motor Show
Toyota will unveil the new Auris hatchback at the 2012 Paris Motor Show in September. The Auris features Toyota's new grille complete with sharp looking headlights and LED daytime running lamps. The B-pillars get a black piano finish while at the rear; the new Auris has a wrap-around tail lamp design with new bumpers and a wider opening tailgate.
Inside, Toyota claims to have increased space and comfort. The company has made use of soft touch materials for the upper dashboard, armrests, door and assist grips along with baseball-stitched nappa leather for the steering wheel. Rear seat passengers get the benefit of 20mm added knee room while the boot space has been now increased to 360 litres. Ride height has been lowered by 55mm and Toyota says that this helps in better handling and lower fuel consumption. Use of high tensile steel has helped in weight savings of up to 40kg.
The new Auris will be offered with a choice of three engines â" petrol (1.33 and 1.6-litre), diesel (1.4-litre) and hybrid. Other specifications and prices will be announced at the Paris Show.
- First Ola electric car to be a large sedan
- 2022 Hyundai Venue facelift: Prices and variants explained
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be available in 4 variants and 9 colour options
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works