Toyota to appoint Naomi Ishii as its India division head
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has proposed the appointment of Naomi Ishii as the company's new managing director. The formal appointment will be made at the meeting of the Board of Directors of Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM), scheduled on January 6, 2014, the company said in a statement.
Ishii, who is currently the General Manager at Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC), will replace current MD and CEO Hiroshi Nakagawa, who is moving back to Japan.
Ishii has been with TMC for over 20 years, most of which were spent in Human Resources and Business Planning Divisions. In his current position as GM in TMC, he oversees the Product & Business Planning divisions.
The company's announcement came within hours of Volkswagen India's announcement on a top management change with its president and MD Mahesh Kodumudi getting additional responsibility with the head of Volkswagen Group Sales India Gerry Dorizas stepping down with immediate effect.
- Tata Motors experience a 38 percent rise in sales for the month of November 2021
- Bounce Infinity E1 electric scooter launched, prices start from Rs 45,099
- Yamaha Aerox 155 first ride review
- Supreme Court allows registration of BS4 vehicles sold before April 1, 2020
- 2021 Audi A4 Premium base variant launched in India at Rs 39.99 lakh