Toyota Kirloskar Motor helps vendor-partner ramp up production of face masks
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has extended its support towards battling the fallout from COVID-19, by helping streamline and ramp up production of face masks by supplier-partner Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Springs (SSS). The face masks are being provided to public health officials, and law enforcement personnel in Karnataka.
SSS, one of TKM's vendors had undertaken the proactive production of face masks for front-line workers, but at a capacity of 275 per day, were struggling to meet demand. With TKM offering its technical expertise and applying Toyota Production Systems (TPS) principles, the production has been ramped up to 5,550 units per day, with plans to scale up to 10,000 units per day. The TPS philosophy aims to reduce wastage and achieve the highest level of efficiency, for the highest quality at the lowest cost with the shortest lead times. Based on two pillars, 'just in time' and 'jidoka', TPS utilises continuous flow, built-in quality, error proofing and separate human and machine work among other methods to achieve this. Toyota will continue to support SSS through enhancing productivity by helping resolve issues pertaining to workforce, layout modifications and so on.
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review
- NewsFacelifted Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe SUV to launch in India on November 3