Toyota Kirloskar Motor helps vendor-partner ramp up production of face masks
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has extended its support towards battling the fallout from COVID-19, by helping streamline and ramp up production of face masks by supplier-partner Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Springs (SSS). The face masks are being provided to public health officials, and law enforcement personnel in Karnataka.
SSS, one of TKM's vendors had undertaken the proactive production of face masks for front-line workers, but at a capacity of 275 per day, were struggling to meet demand. With TKM offering its technical expertise and applying Toyota Production Systems (TPS) principles, the production has been ramped up to 5,550 units per day, with plans to scale up to 10,000 units per day. The TPS philosophy aims to reduce wastage and achieve the highest level of efficiency, for the highest quality at the lowest cost with the shortest lead times. Based on two pillars, 'just in time' and 'jidoka', TPS utilises continuous flow, built-in quality, error proofing and separate human and machine work among other methods to achieve this. Toyota will continue to support SSS through enhancing productivity by helping resolve issues pertaining to workforce, layout modifications and so on.
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet