Toyota Kirloskar Motor appoints Akito Tachibana as its managing director
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced changes in its senior management in India. The company has appointed Akito Tachibana as their new managing director. Tachibana has spent three decades at Toyota across various functions including human resource, domestic and overseas planning, used car and product management.
He will be replacing Naomi Ishii who has been appointed as the general manager of the corporate planning division at the company's headquarters in Japan. Ishii was in charge of Totoya's India operations since 2014.
Tachibana currently heads the technical, purchase and quality assurance divisions at Toyota Kirloskar Motor. Before this he held the position of executive vice president at Toyota Motor Thailand. Tachibana has also headed Toyota Motor Vietnam Co Ltd as the President. He has worked at Toyota Motor Manufacturing North America Inc for the corporate planning and product planning divisions.
- FeaturesWelt-Best: Get the best used cars at Das WeltAuto
- NewsPrices of the Hyundai Venue increased, hike between Rs 5,000-12,000
- NewsUpcoming BSVI Isuzu D-Max V-Cross expected to not see major price hike
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Jimny 4x4 spotted testing in India
- NewsJeep Compass 7-seater SUV spotted testing ahead of launch next year