Toyota India retail sales grow by 12 percent in Dhanteras festive period
Toyota Kirloskar Motor India has announced that its retail sales grew by 12 per cent on Dhanteras, as compared to 2019. The Japanese carmaker didn't see a quick jump in sales after the lockdown unlike some peers but has steadily clawed back lost ground since then. In October, dispatches were past 2019 levels although retails sales have shown a steady uptick too.
This has largely been due to Toyota India meeting pent-up market demand along with the usual festive season surge. The Dhanteras sale period has been especially fruitful for Toyota with the festival being celebrated across two days around the country. The newly introduced financial packages from the company have been well-received too. Another factor is the growing need for personal mobility post-COVID19. Orders during this two-day period also grew between 10-13 per cent.
The new Urban Cruiser could also have played a part in this growth, with over 3,000 units sold in October 2020. The Vitara Brezza-derived SUV is Toyota's first entrant in the popular sub-four-metre SUV segment and was launched just before the festive rush on September 23. The other favourites like the Innova Crysta, Fortuner and Glanza have improved their numbers too. Toyota continues this steady increase in numbers to continue into November.
Toyota's next major launch for the Indian market is expected to be the facelifted Toyota Innova Crysta.
Starts Rs 16.26 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - Views of T. R. Raghunandan, Ex-IAS officer