Toyota Glanza hatchback to be launched in India today
Toyota India will be launching its first-ever product that is a result of the Toyota-Suzuki agreement. Based on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Toyota Glanza will be manufactured at the Suzuki plant in India. Though the hatchback does share a majority of its aspect with the Baleno, Toyota will be offering a better warranty, meaning an improved cost of ownership. Toyota Glanza will be offered in two trims, V and G that will be based on the Zeta and Alpha variants of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
There is a change in the engine options that will offered in the Toyota Glanza. Unlike the Baleno, where you get a choice between petrol and diesel engines, the Toyota Glanza will be offered only in petrol. The premium trim will make use of the mild-hybrid equipped 1.2-litre petrol unit that churns out 90PS/113Nm while the more accessible trim will come with 83PS/113Nm 1.2-litre petrol that will be mated with an option between manual and CVT units.
The Toyota Glanza will look largely like the Baleno with similar bodywork, interiors and styling. Only minor differences like a new grille and Toyota badges can be expected. We expect it to get most features of the Baleno like climate control, push button start, rain sensing wipers, a touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE to get all the updates from the launch venue.
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
- NewsIndian EV manufacturer BGauss inaugurates first dealership, commences deliveries of A2 and B8
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe
- NewsTata Motors achieves momentous production milestone at four million cars and counting
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya