Toyota Glanza hatchback spotted in the flesh ahead of its official India launch
Toyota Glanza has been revealing itself in its teaser advertisement videos, however, Team OVERDRIVE spotted the upcoming hatchback on the streets on India. The hatchback flaunted the colour red what we have been observing in its advertisements.
The hatch gets chrome inserts all around - the grille, the door handles, the shoulder line and the hatch's lip. However, this cosmetic treatment is already observed on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The hatchback also gets the similar machined cut alloy wheels although t boasts a Toyota badge on it.
The Glanza could miss out on the 1.2-litre petrol engine with two fuel injectors per cylinder that we saw make its way in the Maruti Suzuki Baleno recently. The expected engine on offer could be the standard 1.2-litre (K12B) petrol that puts out 84PS and 115Nm. Transmission options will be a manual and a CVT.
The interiors are expected to be identical as the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, although we believe Toyota could develop their own interface for the infotainment system.
The prices are expected to be slightly on the higher side of the Baleno's (K12B engine's ) prices. The Glanza will rival the Volkswagen Polo, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Hyundai Elite i20 and the Honda Jazz.
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Intercity road travel time of "Oxygen Tankers" can be shortened, with help from the Indian motorsport fraternity
- Hyundai Alcazar vs Tata Safari vs MG Hector Plus: Engine specifications compared
- Skoda Kushaq India launch pushed to July 2021
- Mahindra eXUV300, eKUV100 electric vehicles to launch in 2022