The new Hyundai Tuscon is the brand's fastest selling car in Europe
Hyundai has stated that the new Tuscon is now the fastest selling Hyundai in Europe with more than 10,000 orders from the UK and around 85,000 orders from the rest of Europe. It was launched there in September and since then, Hyundai's Czech plant has been running at full capacity to churn out enough cars to meet the demand.
Tony Whitehorn, the CEO of Hyundai Motor UK said, "The all-new Tucson has now overtaken the award-winning i10 as the fastest-selling Hyundai model launch in the UK. We have taken over 10,000 orders in the UK alone and the best-selling model is the 1.7-litre SE Nav with over 34 per cent of the total number. Like the Tucson, 90 per cent of our cars sold in Europe are designed, developed, and manufactured in the region ensuring products that meet the needs of our discerning customers. Our Czech plant plays a key role in our business enabling us to fulfil high demand."
The Hyundai Tuscon is offered with three engine options a 1.6-litre petrol and 1.7-litre and 2.0-litre diesels. The petrol engine puts out 177PS of power and 264.8Nm of torque. The 1.7-litre diesel makes 115PS and 279.5Nm while the 2.0-litre diesel produces 185PS and 402Nm.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?