Tesla Model 3 electric car to go on sale from July 7 in the US
Every tweet from Elon Musk is closely followed. Tesla CEO is pretty active on the social media platform. A recent tweet from Musk confirms that the mass electric car that Tesla is aiming at, the Model 3, will be ready by July 7, 2017. The bookings of this hotly anticipated had begun last year. Musk's tweet says that the first of the Model 3 customers will receive their cars on July 28 at a handover party. Musk also tweeted that all the regulatory requirements for the Model 3 have already been completed two weeks ahead of schedule.
The production of the Model 3 is expected to increase exponentially. Musk said that the company will be manufacturing first 100 cars this August and then increase it to 1,500 in September. By the end of this year, the number will rise to 20,000. Tesla is expected to increase its overall production to 5 lakh units by the end of 2018.
Since bookings started last year, the Model 3 has garnered close to 40,0000 reservations. The booking amount is only $1,000 or approximately Rs 65,000. The final price will be $35,000 or Rs 22 lakh. Speaking of which, while the earlier plans did include Elon Musk boldly declaring that the Model 3 will come to India as well, things didn't go as exactly as planned. A recent development says that he had appealed to the Indian government for temporary relief from the high import duties. This is till he sets up shop in India with a new Gigafactory.
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- Live updates: 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N launch, price reveal, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety