Team India finishes 11th overall at the 2016 Rainforest Challenge grand final
After subjecting participants to 10 days of gruelling special stages, the 2016 Rainforest Challenge grand final in Malaysia has finally come to an end. In the 20th edition of the Rainforest Challenge, 27 teams from 10 countries managed to complete the event comprising of 24 special stages.
The Rainforest Challenge grand final is considered to be among the top 10 toughest motorsport events in the world. Team India was represented by Gurmeet Virdi and Kirpal Singh Tung, winners of the 2016 Rainforest Challenge India.
Team India has finished 11th overall by accumulating 1,361 points. Team Maxxis Sabah comprising of Chang Chiew Shen and Edward Benggon has finished first overall with 2,203 points. Only one point separates them from the second-placed team comprising of Kulbak Roman and Pavel Kovalenko from Russia. The third place overall has been bagged by Lyubarenko Valeriy and Katkov Andrei from Russia with 2,168 points.
In the diesel vehicles under 3,050cc category, Team India has finished first. This is the first time an Indian team has won their category in the mother event of the Rainforest Challenge. Over 100 points separate them from the second-placed Vietnam team.
Out of the 24 special stages, Team India was unable to finish four stages. They performed very well in SS23 and ended up finishing sixth in that particular stage.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed