Tata Zica to be rebranded Tiago, Adore or Civet, depending on poll result
Tata Motors' brand new hatchback, the Zica, has been in news before its official launch in India. Unfortunately, the upcoming car's name has the same phonetic as the zika virus that has already claimed many victims around the world. Earlier this month at the 2016 Auto Expo, Tata Motors announced the decision to rebrand the Zica.
The Indian automobile manufacturer is running a name hunt contest on its social platforms and has chosen Tiago, Adore and Civet as possible new names for the car. The contest has already received 4.8 crore engagements and 12 thousand video views with more than 37 thousand entries.
As confirmed by Tata Motors, the new name for the Tata Zica will be announced on February 22, 2016. The Tata Zica will be offered in both diesel and petrol engines. The three-cylinder petrol makes 85PS and 114Nm while the diesel engine churns out 70PS and 140Nm. We expect the prices of the new Tata hatchback to range in between Rs 4 lakh to Rs 5.5 lakh. Which name will you choose for Tata's latest offering? We are running a poll and you may vote there
More from OVERDRIVE on the Tata Zica
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh