Tata Tiago makes it to the list of top ten selling cars India
The Tata Tiago has made it to the list of of top ten, best selling cars in India, for the second time. Tata sold 7,036 units of Tiago in the month of August 2017. The last time the Tiago featured in the top ten was back in November 2016, when 6,008 units of the car were sold.
The Tiago is also contributing to a majority of Tata Motors' passenger car sales. Out of the 16,261 cars that Tata sold in August 7,036 were Tiagos. Interestingly, the sales numbers of the Tiago are pretty close to another bestseller, from a different segment, the Renault Kwid. The French carmaker sold, 7,802 units of the Kwid in August 2017.
The success of the Tiago can be attributed to the car's fresh design, interior space and impressive list of features, which coupled with the aggressive pricing has made it a good, value for money buy in the segment.
The Tiago is available with a choice a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder 85PS/114Nm petrol and 1.05-litre 3-cylinder 70Ps/140Nm diesel engines. These are mated to a five-speed manual transmission. In addition, Tata also sells the Tiago with an optional AMT transmission.
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh