Tata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
Tata Motors has announced that it sold 9,277 units of the Tata Tiago hatchback in August. This is highest ever monthly sales that the model line has recorded since it launched in April 2016.
The top spec XZ trim cars sold the most and the Tiago was most popular in the northern part of the country. Chandigarh Tricity, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Punjab saw the highest percentage of sales. The petrol variant contributed 80% of the overall sales for Tiago which is not surprising given the current trends in the market.
The Tiago was the first car that carried the brand's 'Impact' design philosophy, which Tata Motors feels played a big role in the hatchback's success. The company also feels the Tiago's extended feature list is a big draw for buyers.
Both the petrol and the diesel on the Tiago are three-cylinder units. The naturally aspirated 1.2-litre Revotron motor puts out 85PS of power and 114Nm of torque, with a claimed mileage of 23.84kmpl. There are multi-drive modes - City and Eco. The 1,047cc turbocharged Revotorq diesel motor makes 70PS/140Nm and claims to deliver 27.28kmpl. Both the petrol and the diesel engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
Tata Motors recently launched Tata Tiago NRG cross-hatch to capitalize on the Tiago's success. A hotter Tiago JTP is also set to be launched soon.
Also see: Tata Tiago NRG launched in India | Prices, details and specifications
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.7 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know