Tata Nano could soon be sold online
You will soon be able to buy India's smallest, most affordable car at the click of a mouse. India's largest auto maker, Tata Motors, will shortly start selling the Nano online.
Customers can pay the booking amount online and get the car delivered at their doorstep or at the nearest Tata showroom.
2013 Tata Nano LX
Online selling is one of the many ideas Tata is employing to push sales. Although priced at an aggressive Rs 1.64 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai), the sales of the Nano have not met Tata's expectations.
Currently, Tata sells around 2,000 Nanos a month. The company, which has carried out a few trial sales online, is now planning to expand the scale of online sales.
"Parents are buying the Nano for their sons/daughters. This is a very interesting trend," said Ranjit Yadav, president (passenger vehicle) of Tata Motors.
Tata Motors recently launched the 2013 Nano with a bunch of upgrades. The top-end Nano will now offer remote keyless entry, twin gloveboxes, and a four-speaker music system with Bluetooth, USB and Aux-in connectivity.
Two new variants of the Nano will be launched by the end of the year.
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh