Tata Nano could soon be sold online
You will soon be able to buy India's smallest, most affordable car at the click of a mouse. India's largest auto maker, Tata Motors, will shortly start selling the Nano online.
Customers can pay the booking amount online and get the car delivered at their doorstep or at the nearest Tata showroom.
2013 Tata Nano LX
Online selling is one of the many ideas Tata is employing to push sales. Although priced at an aggressive Rs 1.64 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai), the sales of the Nano have not met Tata's expectations.
Currently, Tata sells around 2,000 Nanos a month. The company, which has carried out a few trial sales online, is now planning to expand the scale of online sales.
"Parents are buying the Nano for their sons/daughters. This is a very interesting trend," said Ranjit Yadav, president (passenger vehicle) of Tata Motors.
Tata Motors recently launched the 2013 Nano with a bunch of upgrades. The top-end Nano will now offer remote keyless entry, twin gloveboxes, and a four-speaker music system with Bluetooth, USB and Aux-in connectivity.
Two new variants of the Nano will be launched by the end of the year.
- 2021 Kawasaki ZX10R road test review
- Hyundai Alcazar vs Tata Safari vs MG Hector Plus: Engine specifications compared
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- MotoGP 2021: What is arm pump, and how did it cost Quartararo the win at the Spanish GP?
- Electric vehicles-and driving with only one pedal