Tata Motors unveils new 1.2-litre Revotron turbo petrol engine
Tata Motors has unveiled a new 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine in India. The turbocharged multi-point fuel injected (MPFI) engine makes 85PS of max power at 5000rpm and 140Nm of peak torque at 1750-3500rpm.
Tim Leverton, president of advanced & product engineering, Ranjit Yadav, president, passenger vehicle business unit, Ankush Arora senior vice president PVBU, Girish Wagh senior vice president PPPM
Named Revotron 1.2T, the engine will power Tata's future models including the upcoming Tata Falcon cars- a hatchback as well as a compact sedan, to be unveiled at the 2014 Auto Expo. The Tata Falcon will also have a new design language and features to boast. The Falcon hatchback is the refreshed Vista and the Falcon compact sedan is based on the Manza.
Tata's new 1.2T Revotron turbo petrol engine makes 85PS of power and 140Nm of torque
The Revotron 1.2T series will include three- and four-cylinder petrol engines. Currently, the engine will use the existing 5-speed gearbox used in the Vista petrol. However, Tata Motors is also developing a new gearbox that will be compatible to the Revotron 1.2T engine and will also be a part of future Tata vehicles.
Majority of Tata's sales come from diesel cars and it will be interesting to see how this new turbocharged engine from an Indian manufacturer fares among a number of similar attempts by other car makers in India.
Read more about the Falcon cars here
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Live updates: 2022 Toyota Hilux India unveil, expected prices, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety