Tata Motors unveils new 1.2-litre Revotron turbo petrol engine
Tata Motors has unveiled a new 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine in India. The turbocharged multi-point fuel injected (MPFI) engine makes 85PS of max power at 5000rpm and 140Nm of peak torque at 1750-3500rpm.
Tim Leverton, president of advanced & product engineering, Ranjit Yadav, president, passenger vehicle business unit, Ankush Arora senior vice president PVBU, Girish Wagh senior vice president PPPM
Named Revotron 1.2T, the engine will power Tata's future models including the upcoming Tata Falcon cars- a hatchback as well as a compact sedan, to be unveiled at the 2014 Auto Expo. The Tata Falcon will also have a new design language and features to boast. The Falcon hatchback is the refreshed Vista and the Falcon compact sedan is based on the Manza.
Tata's new 1.2T Revotron turbo petrol engine makes 85PS of power and 140Nm of torque
The Revotron 1.2T series will include three- and four-cylinder petrol engines. Currently, the engine will use the existing 5-speed gearbox used in the Vista petrol. However, Tata Motors is also developing a new gearbox that will be compatible to the Revotron 1.2T engine and will also be a part of future Tata vehicles.
Majority of Tata's sales come from diesel cars and it will be interesting to see how this new turbocharged engine from an Indian manufacturer fares among a number of similar attempts by other car makers in India.
Read more about the Falcon cars here
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector