Tata Motors to launch power-steering equipped Nano Twist in India on January 13
Tata Motors will be launching the new Nano Twist with power steering on January 13. The Twist is expected to cost Rs 15,000 more than the top end Nano LX (Rs 2,23,500).
2013 Tata Nano LX
The Nano has constantly been evolving, albeit in small increments since its release about five years ago. New features were introduced, the engine got more power, ride and handling improved and so did the brakes. The Nano is now considerably better to drive than back in 2009 however we still lamented the lack of power steering when we drove the latest verison in 2013. The compact Nano is surprisingly enjoyable to punt around the city but the heavy steering needs effort at parking speeds. The addition of power steering, which is designed by ZF, will only make it more of a compelling option as a city runabout.
2013 Tata Nano interiors
The two-valve 624cc inline twin cylinder is likely to remain unchanged from the 2013 model. The 38PS and 51Nm on tap coupled with the low 635kg kerb weight makes the Nano sufficiently zippy for urban driving, and with the power steering thrown in, it could well be the Nano's best bet yet.
Last month, former Tata Motors head Ratan Tata had conceded that promoting the Nano as the cheapest car was one of the main reasons behind its failure, but it is not all doom and gloom.
While introduction of power steering is certainly a step in the right direction, it remains to be seen if it is enough to revive the small car's fortunes.
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet