Tata Motors to launch four electric vehicles including Nexon EV SUV, Altroz EV
Tata Motors has revealed its plans to bolster the presence of electric vehicles in its line-up. The company has set quite aggressive targets, it will launch four new electric models in the next 12 to 18 months. The most prominent of these will be the Tata Nexon EV SUV and the electric version of the upcoming Altroz hatchback. The other cars will be the Tigor EV for private buyers, a longer-range version of the Tigor and another, yet unnamed vehicle.
This development comes after the brand set up collaborations and synergies between various companies within the Tata group to help develop these EVs more effectively. Firms like Tata Chemical and Tata Power are involved.
We expect the new Nexon EV to share much of its running gear with the Altroz EV. Tata Motors has already said that the Altroz EV, unveiled at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, will come with 250 to 300 km range and have DC fast-charging capabilities. The Nexon is expected to have similar figures. As far as styling is concerned, the Nexon EV will get unique highlights to differentiate it from its more traditional siblings.
As for the Tigor EV, the current version can do 140 km on a full charge, the longer-range version will bump this up to 180 to 250 km.
Starts Rs 13.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.95 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector