Tata Motors registers highest ever monthly sales, with 40,777 cars sold in January
It's telling that the Tata Motors Passenger Cars has just had its busiest production month at its Pune plant since 2007, and the most at the Ranjangaon plant ever - the manufacturer has sold its highest ever number of cars in a month, with 40,777 units moved in January this year.
Tata Motors sales January 2022
This includes 28,108 SUVs sold (its highest ever) with the Punch and Nexon both crossing 10,000 units sold each, as well as 2,892 electric vehicles (again the highest), and over 3,000 units of the newly introduced iCNG models of the Tiago and Tigor. The iCNG models report over a 42 per cent uptake versus the petrol-powered models, which is a sign that the premium-CNG variant strategy is working, at least in these initial stages.
Tata Motors had only recently overtaken Hyundai to the second spot in the retail sales charts (at just over 40,000 units) behind Maruti Suzuki for the month of December 2021, so this growth is a natural progression of that performance. Interestingly, both Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai posted year-on-year figures down on previous years, between 12-32 per cent respectively.
Starts Rs 14.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N launched in India, prices start from Rs 11.99 lakh
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?