Tata Motors records nine-year highest PV sales in March 2021
Tata Motors has registered its highest recorded passenger vehicle sales in nine years, for the month of March 2021, with 29,654 units moved. The Passenger Vehicle business unit's Q4 FY21 performance of 83,857 units is the best in eight years, and represents a 162 per cent increase over the Q4 FY20 performance. Overall, the PV sales of 2,22,025 units in FY21 is a 69 per cent increase over FY20 numbers. Tata Motors PV lineup consists of the Tiago, Tigor, Altroz, Nexon, Harrier, Nexon EV and the newly introduced Safari, with the sub-4m HBX/Hornbill expected this year.
In particular, the Nexon EV registered continued strong sales for the company, with 705 units moved in March '21, and 1,711 units in Q4 FY21, its highest ever sales since launch in January 2020. With 4,219 units sold in FY21, it's the best-selling EV in India currently.
Tata Motors commercial vehicle business also posted strong numbers, 59 per cent higher than Q4 FY20, riding on the back of increased demand in the M&HCV as well as ILCV categories, due to resurgence in infrastructure demand towards the end of the year. It remains to be seen how the global shortage of electronic components, specifically semiconductors, affect production numbers in the coming weeks.
- Intercity road travel time of "Oxygen Tankers" can be shortened, with help from the Indian motorsport fraternity
- 2021 Kia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.79 lakh
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Skoda Kushaq India launch pushed to July 2021
- Hyundai Alcazar vs Tata Safari vs MG Hector Plus: Engine specifications compared