Tata Motors launches Fleet Edge connected vehicle solution
Tata Motors' commercial vehicle division, has launched the Fleet Edge connected vehicle feature. This solution is aimed at improving fleet management by allowing owners to make more informed decisions.
Fleet Edge is capable of processing large amounts of data from the Telematics Control Unit (TCU) and offers real-time insights for track and trace, vehicle health, driving behaviour, real-time fuel efficiency and fuel loss alert. Customers can also keep track of when their vehicle documents expire.
These insights can be accessed via a Fleet Edge portal or on a smartphone app in real-time. This feature is available with the entire M and HCV BSVI range of Tata Motors trucks and buses and on certain models in the I and LCV and SCV segments. Tata Motor's BSVI line-up of commercial vehicles come with an embedded SIM, this controls the TCU that interacts with the Fleet Edge application. This unit meets all government regulations and can connect to Government-authorised backend servers for vehicle tracking and emergency response functions.
The system also monitors unauthorised vehicle movements and determines the exact location of the vehicle with a user-friendly graphical map.
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh